Realtors agree that curb appeal is worth the investment
Your garage door is the single largest moving part on a home and, because it often faces the street, it plays a large part in your homes’ overall appearance. Curb appeal is a critical factor in selling a home. If a prospective buyer doesn’t like the view from the street, chances are they won’t waste time going inside.
A survey conducted found that replacing the entry and garage doors on a typical 2,500-square-foot home was worth an additional $16,000.
Did you know?
- 90 percent of real estate agents felt a buyer’s first impression of the front entry was important to their ability to sell a home.
- 66 percent have mentioned energy efficient doors and windows in their home listings.
- 82 percent have had buyers decline to look inside a house based on the exterior appearance.
- 65 percent said the number of buyers looking for universal design features has increased in the last few years.
- 56 percent of agents have advised sellers to update windows and doors.
- A home with updated Garage doors was estimated to increase in value by $16,000.
The average price for a new garage door ranges from $800 to $5,000 depending on the size of the door and the material it’s made from. The most popular look in garage doors right now is the carriage-house style door. The doors look like old-fashioned swing-out doors but function like modern roll-up doors with an electric garage door opener. The choices for design, color and materials are virtually endless. So when you think of the investment you will 100% get that returned on the purchase price.
Let me know what you think? Does a Garage Door make a difference on curb appeal when your buying a home?
Leave me a comment below