SERVICE AND REPAIRS
Direct Overhead Doors is committed to giving you the best service. If something needs to be repaired and not replaced rest assured we will do just that. We repair and replace rollers, hinges, cables, drums, garage door torsion springs, center bearing plates, bottom door rubber seal, exterior weather seal, opener gears, and door panels.
What happened to my Garage Door?!?!?!
Here you will find some answers to your common Garage Door failures
- My door squeaks when it opens and closes, Why? Springs, rollers and hinges can squeak and be noisy. This is caused by normal use and does not necessarily indicate a problem. Before calling a professional service technician, use a spray-on lubricant. If the noise persists, call Direct Overhead Doors for service.
- The Cable is frayed, What do I do? Contact Direct Overhead Doors. Do not attempt to remove, repair or adjust springs or cable. HIGH SPRING TENSION CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
- My Garage door does not open smoothly, but in a jerky motion or with loud noises... This may be due to the lack of maintenance of the garage door or garage door opener, your rollers may be ceased therefor you will find that your door is not operating smoothly, try lubricating all moving parts if this fails; Call us at Direct Overhead Doors.
- When I push the button on my garage door remote, the garage door doesn’t open? This could be due to several issues. The most common is that your garage door remote may need the batteries replaced. You may have a broken spring or cable and the door than becomes to heavy for the opener to lift. Continual use of the opener will wear out the gears in your opener; in order to avoid this please give one of our technicians at Direct Overhead Doors a call.
- My garage door does not close all the way, but goes back up into the open position... An object may be blocking the path of the photo eye sensors of a garage door opener or the photo eye sensors of the opener may be misaligned. If it goes back up you may hear a clicking sound or the lights on the opener will flicker this is due to a sensor alignment issue or breakage in the cable sensor. Give us a call and we can resolve this for you.
- My garage door is not opening or closing but I hear the gears inside spinning... This is due to worn out gears inside your opener. Your options at this point is to either fix the gears or Replace the garage door opener. At Direct Overhead Doors we will provide you with both options and costs involved so you can make the best decision.